Thursday, December 1, 2011

Things I love Thursday!

I have a confession to make, I am a bad blogger...like in I take 3 week breaks sometimes bad..I try not too, but this last time I couldn't help myself thanks to school, a visit from family and friends, trips back to Winston, Thanksgiving, oh and of course there is that little thing called PINTEREST that has completely consumed my life(there I said it out loud, I am addicted) BUT I am back and it IS the first of December ONE of my favorite months by the way..so this things I love Thursday is all about December!!! :)

I LOVE the TRUE meaning of the season: JESUS
I grew up in an Irish/Sicilian Catholic family where the meaning of Christmas was never lost especially at Grandma Irene's (who was born on the 24th I might add)! It meant celebrating St. Nicholas Day, Advent, an empty manger until Christmas Day, giving thanks before the meal, attending church Christmas Eve for midnight mass(a tradition I have never missed, despite rarely going to church otherwise these days) and you could only open one present the night before if you went!  It meant celebrating with family, Kris Kringle's, lots of laughter, hugging, snowball fights(which in Florida simply means balled up wrapping paper) McDonald's gift cards, enough food to feed an Army, and truly realizing that our family was together because Christ made it possible, gave us a reason...I'm grateful for those memories and I cannot wait to create some with my own little family-I even found the same Advent calender that my Grandparents kept in their house for Lily to take part in! I'm just excited this year period. I can't wait to watch Lily open up presents and  continue the traditions started by generations earlier-I just know my Grandparents would be proud!

I LOVE Christmas music!!

I try not to be one of those obnoxious people that start a holiday two months in advance but man once December hits that is truly all I want to listen too! In particular, there are two songs that have always been my all time favorites...one is obvious because well, it is Bing freaking Crosby and the other is Josh Groban! Enjoy!

I LOVE Christmas Movies!!

My ABSOLUTE favorite is drum roll...White Christmas(which again should have been obvious! ) however, ELF is a close second and this is why!!

 I also love the classics Rudolph the Reindeer, Frosty etc, The Nightmare before Christmas and anything that comes on ABC family's 25 days of Christmas...actually I guess any Christmas movie will do! :)

I LOVE DECEMBER because:

It means Christmas is right around the corner, it means Birthday and Christmas parties, decorating/lighting Christmas trees, another batch of yummy food, gift-giving, the look on children's faces as they open those gifts!,Santa, cookies, FAMILY, friends and well the list could go on and on...I am just excited about this holiday because I have a daughter and a wonderful man in my life to start traditions with, create memories with and to me that is what makes December/Christmas so beautiful-the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment