Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Goodbye Virginia, Hello TAmPA!!

Another job has come to an end and we are off to the next place-Hattiesburg, Mississippi! We were first told Boston which would have been so much fun since it is close to both Maine and Vermont(where some of my family lives) BUT oh well, Hattiesburg doesn't look too bad-is it sad that I base my excitement for a city by what restaurants are in town? I just love food what can I say, and Hattiesburg is home to The Shed the exact AWESOME BBQ joint located in Destin-excited much! :) Plus, there are like a gazillion roller skating rinks there(I'm not joking, when I looked it up earlier 15  were on the list!)-couple skate what?! ;) Anyways BEFORE we head to Mississippi(I totally say Mi-Double S i Double P i in my head btw!) we are going to TAMPA!!! I cannot contain my excitement since it has been almost 6months since the last time we were there! I am very excited to see my family and friends and partake in all the Christmasy festivities!


On another note, I do not have a lot of wrap up things to talk about as far as DC goes other than I freaking love it(but that is my nerdy history lovin self talking)..if I could recommend a few places though they would be:

  • Mount Vernon: One of the prettiest places I have ever been too (& that is saying a lot considering I spent 10 days in Greece!) you can check it out here http://www.mountvernon.org/ but the pictures will NOT do it justice! Truly exquisite, and the historical value alone is worth a trip! :)
  • Aquia Pines RV resort: This is where we stayed while we were in town and the place is just beautiful! Peaceful, friendly, comfy, close to restaurants etc etc we really enjoyed our stay! There are cabins, RV sites and tent sites as well so there is something for everyone-plus they are opening up a lodge/hotel sometime next year on the property so REALLY something for everyone!  
  • Micks: Right up the street from the campground this place has awesome food(the wings-dry rub get them!) and a really cool lounge feel
  • Pancho Villa Mexican: is also up the street from the campground, pretty fresh, good Mexican food( & you know I'm picky about my favorite food!) kind of pricey but overall a good place! P.s try the Mexican Bulldog :)
  • All of DC really!
I really enjoyed it here, plus it was kind of the perfect time too(Fall) but I am ready for our next adventure and for Christmas in Tampa! :

No comments:

Post a Comment