Thursday, August 7, 2014

Things I LOVE Thursday!

I love
 
 
 
It's actually one of my favorite cities, and as you know, I've been to A LOT of cities. My girlfriends and I went on a road trip through Tennessee back in 2006. We started in Chattanooga, stopped in Knoxville, Gatlinburg/Sevierville/Pigeon Forge before finally ending up in Glorious Nashville. We arrived just in time to attend the last three concerts of the CMA Festival which had been taking place there all week. As someone who loves country music to the core of her soul, I can honestly say those three days were some of the most fun I have ever had. We got to meet Elvis (who fell in love with Brenna), watch him perform at the famous Sun Records where musical legends like Elvis (the real one obviously! lol), Roy Orbison, Conway and Johnny Cash got their start. We got to see Nashville's famous Broadway street which is home to legendary honkytonks such as The Bluebird Café, The Station Inn and even attended a party for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill at the Wildhorse Saloon; although we never actually saw them! We also attended the final three concerts at LP Field which featured some of my favorite acts: Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Blake Shelton, Sara Evans, Brooks & Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Trisha Yearwood, Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, and so many more...it was amazing to see so many acts all in one place and if you are a country music fan it is definitely something you should add to your bucket list. I am actually hopeful that I will one day make it back to both Nashville and the CMA Festival because there are still some things there that are left on my bucket list; I'd like to see a show at the Opry and the exhibits at the Country Music Hall of Fame. I'd like to actually have a beer at The Bluebird or Tootsie's because unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to do either of those and maybe, fall in love a little more with country music...but I doubt that is even possible!
 
 
I don't have a lot of photos left on Facebook from that trip, and the rest are in a scrapbook at my parents house BUT I did find these two!



I LOVE Nashville, the series!

 Last night I watched Nashville: On the Record which featured some of the music from the show and served as a great reminder as to why I A: love the show, and B: love Nashville in general! These are a few of my favorite songs:
 
Black Roses is such an incredibly haunting song and Clare Bowen kills it.


Again, Clare Bowen, this time joined by Sam Paliadio for When The Right One Comes Along which in all honesty, might be one of my favorite songs EVER.

 
 
A Life That's Good is a beautiful song and was written by Ashley Monroe (Pistol Annie's) and Sarah Siskind who actually went to school with Chad!! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this song!! It's got a great message behind it!
 

                                 Basically, I watch Nashville for the music and well, this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment