Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Rainbow

This week was rough, and for a second there I didn't think we were gonna make it! But just like every storm eventually the rain passes and sometimes if your lucky a rainbow appears; our rainbow is the weekend!

Friday started off with a lovely trip to BrewBurgers, our first stop on an adventure packed weekend we've labeled Diners Drive In and Dives(mostly because we're obsessed with that show and Brew has been on it). Chad had a Southwestern Texas burger which would be delish if you like jalapenos and onion strings both of which I do not so moving on...;) I had the Inside Out burger which was stuffed with cheddar cheese and chopped bacon with a healthy topping of bbq sauce on top...that burger and I had a moment!!  I would like to take a second now to talk about my food obsession, Chad jokes that food might be more important in my life than he is..I mean it is recommended for survival, just saying..but seriously I LOVE food!! I realize that I'll never be a skinny minnie because of that and I'm totally cool with it because those girls never have fun anyways! Then the little one and I were off to do some shopping and head to Barnes and Noble's which is slowly becoming our Friday ritual where we play with the trains, make friends and read books. We also went to Kohls(which rocks my socks, love that place!) and Once Upon A Child...UM anyone that knows me knows that I am super obsessed with that store, if I won the lottery I would buy my own store just to go there and shop. I never understood( though I've been guilty of it too) when parents go out and spend 60 bucks on an outfit that was literally made with a spool of thread; an outfit the child will probably only wear once! Again I love that place and if your in the market to buy Lily a birthday present we accept gift cards! ;) The night ended with movies and dinner in with a sweet, much needed glass(or two) of wine! So far so good!

Ahhh BLISS...Chad took Lily to work for a little while this morning which WOULD be the perfect time for me to catch up on all the sleep I missed but as luck would have it I was already awake! So I took an extra long shower where I got to shave my legs in peace and just bask in the heat whereas I'm usually trying to rush back out because that girl does not like when someone else takes a bath in her bathtub and she makes it known! I even got to read my magazine without having to cower into the bathroom in fear of her destructive behavior..Brad proposes to Chantal say it ain't so USWeekly I'm team Emily!! Oh and when they got home a few minutes ago I got the best hug, because my girl, well she's a bonafide hugging machine! After her morning nap we're off to eat at another Diner's place(there seem to be a lot in Omaha actually) called California Taco's and More and I can not wait because Mexican food and I have a deep appreciation for each other! Then...well we will figure that out as we go, that's the beauty and adventure of it which after this week is exactly what we need!


P.S. I do realize this weekend is not good for my waistline but as Julia Childs so dearly put it "The only time to eat diet food is while your waiting for the steak to cook"  A woman after my own heart I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment