Thursday, May 19, 2011

Things I love Thursday!

I am a curvy woman. I will never be a size 0. I will always LOVE pasta and wine(can't have one without the other I say!) I have a big butt, so big that sometimes it is really hard to find the perfect jeans! I've had boobs since the age of 12 and they are so big they get in the way sometimes..like while running for example. I will always have to work hard at staying in shape.. BUT with that being said I LOVE MY BODY!! I own these curves and I'm even more proud to say that AFTER baby because well, my body has been through a lot in the last two years! So this "Things I love Thursday" is all about the curves baby!


The message these days is that in order to be beautiful you have to be the skinniest girl in the room.. I for one call bullshit! Half of those skinny girls are miserable and unhealthy and well could really use an extra large milkshake, topped off with a Big Mac and some fries! lol Back in the day however women were WOMEN they had curves, meat on their bones and IT was appreciated! Take these women for example, women whom I might add years later are still sex symbols..


We can not talk about curves without mentioning the queen of sex appeal Ms. Marilyn Monroe who I point out was rumored to be a size 16!


Here are some more of my favorites from back in the day(p.s on a side note I LOVE the history from that era the stars, the glitz and glamour etc)

Sophia Loren

Jayne Mansfield                                                                       Bridgette Bardot

                                                                     Jane Russell
Bettie Page and Mae West both of which pushed the sexual envelope with their looks and often in Mae's case her words "I've been in more laps than a napkin." Seriously? lol These women are beautiful and it's a shame that today's starlets would rather talk about what diet they are on then how much they love their body. Although curvy women still exist in Hollywood here are just a few...

Monica Bellucci has been on the top of my girl crush list forever! I don't even like smoking and yet she makes it hot! lol
Kim Kardashian who is the ultimate IT girl right now when it comes to curves..her reality show family is over played as far as I'm concerned but well she's beautiful and sends the right message to girls so I LOVE her too!


Sabina Kelly..pinup..Chad's ULTIMATE crush! ;)


I LOVE Jessica Simpson (for real I'm semi-ashamed to admit that I would love to be her best friend! lol) I always get so defensive when the media attacks her just because she gained a little weight! She might actually be one of my favorites..mom jeans, chicken of the sea and all!
BEYONCE
Well cause she's Sasha Fierce y'all! (and cause Julie will wonder why she wasn't on the list! lol)

I could definitely keep going but well this post is already getting too long..Jennifer Lopez, Scarlett Johannsen(who I really think is overrated, yet beautiful) Halley Berry, Eva Mendes etc.
I guess the point to this whole blog has been to LOVE your body..even if your not a size 0 or heck even if you are..It's your body, love it, own it and stop trying to change it! If God intended you to look a certain way he would have made you THAT way! I may love my body but there are days when I don't and you know what that is okay because well to quote Mae West one more time

                    "Cultivate your curves - they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided"

So true Mae, so very true..now who wants to go get me a Big Mac? ;)


2 comments:

  1. Say it loud say it proud! I have curves on top of my curves!! Having my 4th baby at 34 is no walk around the park(which I did today) I'm not happy w/ the way my body looks now,Its been a lot harder then I thought to get rid of this baby fat,lack of motivation,time,diet,tiredness! But I will loose it and when I do my ass will still be there, I was born with it and thank my Mama for it! cause men love it, and thats the way it is!!p.s. Tiff I love this blog, your doing a great job with this and Lily, your a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello is not Brigette Bardot but Brigitte Bardot :)

    ReplyDelete