Tuesday, July 19, 2011

For the love of Nascar..well and camping too!

Here is the thing, I have always prided myself on being a country girl...I'm a whiskey drinking, cowboy chasing(retired, ha ha) hell of a time--thanks Brooks & Dunn for summing that up for me! ;) However it wasn't until recently that I realized I hadn't even scratched the surface..you see here in Arkansas real, I mean REAL country folk exist and well I have some things to learn(or not!) lol! When we first got the news that we were heading to Little Rock for our next job I totally pouted..I mean hello, Denver! BUT lo and behold we are finding things that actually peak our interest which is a good thing since we are here for two months! Downtown Little Rock is gorgeous, and eclectic with tons of cute little shops and restaurants; not to mention it is on the riverfront that includes a Farmer's Market and movie nights(This Tuesday is the original Willy Wonka and we're taking Lily) yay! Plus the water park is right up the street from us(literally it is next door to the campground) and historically Little Rock has lots to offer(which I love)

Okay now back to that country thing..lol You see..this North Carolina boy that I'm dating..well actually I think I may be more country than he is(given my Thonotosasa roots!) BUT I'd like to showcase two important influences he has had on my country roots! lol

  • NASCAR: What the hell man! I used to make fun of this "sport", I mean all they do is drive around in circles(or in the words of Jeff Dunham "Oh look they're making a left turn, oh look another left turn.") I'm a football, hockey, & baseball fan so at first I didn't get it but here I am almost 3 years later watching GAC's Greatest Nascar finishes by myself..I could tell you the names, numbers and sponsors of almost every racer..I passionately loathe Kyle Busch yet I don't think I have an actual "favorite" besides Dale Jr.(But that's cause it is more of an obligation for race fans I think) I've still only been to one race(Darlington) but I think it was there that the sport won me over! The sound of it all is amazing! I will say one thing race fans are probably some of the most loyal in all sports..I mean some drive from race to race just for the chance to see their favorite racer! That is dedication! You know the BEST part about this whole thing? Chad (and his Dad) watch the race just so they can take Sunday naps..ha ha And I remember one day looking up and realizing that despite knowing that Chad was passed out next to me I was still watching..that is when I knew...I would never be the same! lol

  • The RV life: The other day we went to Camping World and as I walked up the aisles imagining what I would buy if I won the lottery lol I realized that life as an RV'er had fully taken over! By the way I wanted simple items like tablecloths for every season, party lights, and some nifty little kitchen device! ha ha I catch myself discussing with Chad the different types of Coaches, number of slide options etc.. and I am becoming increasingly familiar with the difference between 30 and 50 amp sites!  I actually had to stop myself from pushing the "imaginary" lever down on the toilet at the water park! Oh and I constantly want to grill hamburgers and hot dogs because isn't that what you do when your camping? :) My life is a vacation, a constant camping experience and not too many people can say that so all in all I know how blessed I am..how much fun we have out here in the woods! :)
I can now admit to the world that I am a proud Nascar fan, a proud camper! lol But don't you worry y'all I promise to never go ape shizz if you talk smack about my favorite racer..Ricky Bobby(who did you think I was gonna say Jeff Gordon, pLease!) ha ha Take it away Bobby!


No comments:

Post a Comment