Friday, September 9, 2011

Goodbye #63

Today is Lee Roy Selmon's funeral.  For most people in Tampa, Oklahoma & well the world  that is a hard thing to grasp..for the people in Tampa he was a ray of hope..the first draft pick at a time when the Bucs had nothing to offer, a player who displayed so much faith in his team that his other teammates never gave up and he was certainly the best defensive player the Sooners and the Bucs had ever seen! He was the man who seemed to never stop smiling, who always carried himself with dignity..so when he passed away Sunday at the age of 56, I think for most of us fans it felt as if a light had been put out...I can truly admit that I cried, and I don't normally have that reaction for "celebrity" deaths but for Mr. Selmon well, he earned those tears..with his kindness both on and off the field, & not just for the Bucs but for USF too! His work throughout our community, and his love for God; plus I'm pretty much in love with the nachos at his restaurant! :) I cannot say enough how Lee Roy made Tampa a better place, he made me love football..and I know that Tampa will truly miss him.



  Oh and p.s I will only ever TRULY and DEEPLY love the Creamsicle uniform colors! lol

Can I point out that I selected this photo because of his smile(he was so handsome right?!?) and THEN I realized that he is carrying my favorite nachos in the entire world! Man I love that Lee Roy, and man I love that Lee Roy Selmons' :)

            I love this video, it shows what an impact he had on the Buc's entire organization!!



                                     And one final video..although I could post these all day!



                                                 Goodbye #63, we will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment