Thursday, September 15, 2011

Things I love Thursday!

I LOVE music!
ALL  types of music although, I do hold a special place in my heart for country..I guess I LOVE country music because I truly believe in the words being sung..I am one of those people who will look up the lyrics for an album and read every last word before deciding to buy it! The thing about country music I love the most is that for every heartbreak, or every joy in my life I can find a song that matches exactly how I feel at that moment and to me that is beautiful. Thanks to GAC(Great American Country channel for those who don't know) I have been listening to some of my favorite songs from the 90's pretty much all day..which is a nice break from watching the same episode of Barney for the umpteenth time! :) So today's Things I love Thursday is all about the music and the country artists I love from the 1990's! Get excited y'all! ;)

Good ole Sammy Kershaw..I love this song, though I was torn between my other two favorites "Queen of my double wide trailer" (that's my theme song, ha ha) and "She don't know she's beautiful"...The first concert I ever went to was Mr. Kershaw's at the Red Rose Room in Plant City(those who live there know what I'm talking about, that creepy old lady in the commercials, seriously?! lol). I went with my boyfriend at the time Taylor(who is still one of my best friends) anyways he showed up super late, trashed and about fell off the stage 800 times..and you know what it is still the best concert I have ever been too!
"Sold! The Grundy County Auction" is one of my FAVORITE songs EVER!! I can sing every verse of this song, verbatim..plus I really still think he was talking about me when he sang "ruby red lips, blond hair, blue eyes" ha ha I'm delusional, I know.
I LOVE Trisha Yearwood and although so many of her songs were worth posting, "She's in love with the boy" won! :) Oh and then there is that tidbit about me singing it for karaoke at the Lakeland Mud Hole you know, in case my redneckness didn't show enough by now!

Speaking of karaoke, I don't think one song has been done more than "Strawberry Wine", I LOVE it, I'm sure you love it! It was and still is I'm sure, the ultimate teenager, coming of age, first love song!
"The Dance" is one of my all time favorite songs and holds a special place in my heart, to be honest I get teary eyed every time I hear it.. Oh by the way this was literally the only video I could find with Garth Brooks actually singing his own song! lol I'm not complaining though, because well I love Elvis too..I'm also aware that Garth ruled the 90's and basically could be on a list all by himself..seriously I wish he would tour again..I'd sell my first born for tickets! ;) Just kidding..maybe my second!



I LOVE George, I love all of his songs especially this one "I cross my heart" and I LOVE Pure Country! I could watch that movie 800 times a day and never get bored..man that George is sexy!!

"FANCY"
What would this list be without some Reba!? I love me some Reba, that is for sure!
Martina McBride is amazing! I'm not sure what else to say about this woman and her vocals but she ROCKS! This is my favorite song from her(or one of them, I have A LOT!) and I needed to hear it today! :)

I could literally post a bunch more as I barely covered half of what I think are the best songs from the 90's...like "Don't take the girl" - Tim McGraw, "Neon Moon"-Brooks & Dunn, "Chattahoochee" -Alan Jackson, ANY of Shania Twain's songs, or even the Dixie Chicks, Alabama, Travis Tritt, Clint Black, Vince Gill, Faith Hill etc etc I think you get the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment