Wednesday, October 12, 2011

CRASH!!

Well not in the way you might think..thank goodness! My computer died this week..as in officially..as in taking all of my schoolwork for the last year with it! Yeah..CRASH! :/ I guess in a sense it was a lesson learned: save all of your stuff on a USB drive in case of emergencies! I knew it would happen eventually as it was 4 years old, and I inherited it from Chad..or took it from him (that is still up for debate! lol) Anyways..I kept putting off getting a new one  because that thing was my baby..all of my favorites saved, pictures(which luckily are already on a flash drive, phew), my schoolwork, links to my favorite or previously viewed sites etc.. I didn't really want a fancier model..I liked the comfort of my own! & yes I do realize I am talking about a computer as if I am in love with it..but in a way I kind of was! :( At the moment I am using Chads and researching which laptop I should get next because to me this is like buying a car...for someone who depends on a computer for school this is an important choice! So if YOU have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them! :)

On a brighter note...we went into DC this weekend with Bill and the weather was SO nice! Nothing makes a day better than good weather I say! :) We got to see the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial and it was unbelievable! It was larger than life(as he was in real life) and the outpouring of appreciation there, the different walks of life coming together to celebrate that man was pretty incredible! We didn't do too much this time but we'll head back again when Robin comes to visit so until then enjoy these photos! :) 

Franklin D. Roosevelt memorial..she was not sure about that dog! lol As you can clearly see in the photo! :)















Side view of the Jefferson Memorial














                      The way his figure just rises from the stone is beautiful, symbolic.
                        It is amazing how his words are still so prevalent to today's world!

You can start to see some of the Occupy DC protesters

Whatever your opinion on this..watching it in action is an incredible sight!

The Flight and Space museum..we were only in here about 15minutes before the entire building was evacuated and cops charged in...initially thinking it was a bomb threat, we later found out that a group of protesters( not associated with Occupy) stormed into the museum to protest,  pinning a security guard to the wall before being maced! Crazy!  Luckily we were nowhere close to that area when it happened because tons of innocent tourists ended up getting mace all over them and I couldn't imagine if that happened to Lily! :(

Lily lost her diamond earring(just one, I'm saving the other) in DC so we had to stop and get new ones...and I love them! :)


So that is our DC trip..our second time there..a year after taking Lily for the first time! Although I can say without a doubt, this time was way more eventful! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment