Monday, October 3, 2011

Waking up from a coma...

I truly feel as if I have been in a coma since that last post..I guess I wasn't kidding about being super busy in Winston! From family & friend time (which was both awesome and needed) to writing two 2,000+ word papers for my finals on top of three extra assignments + momma duty to a teething little girl (she is now up to 14 teeth, well almost her bottom molars are still growing in!) = one VERY mentally tired lady! Nonetheless, it is time for some updates! :)

  • We are now in Springfield, Virginia-about 30 minutes outside of Washington, DC and I am super excited as I love that city (the history there really floats my boat!) Plus, the Martin Luther King Jr. memorial is now open and I cannot wait to see it; I can only hope it is the kind of memorial that his beautiful soul deserves! I am also very excited to tour some Civil War battlefields (is my geeked out love for history showing yet?) AND have y'all seen DC cupcakes yet? I have, and I really want to try one so diet be dammed (well actually, I'm not on a diet..at least I told myself that at the Fair recently)!! Yay, for new adventures in DC/Springfield!

  • Speaking of the Fair...Although, we didn't get to spend much time in Winston we definitely had a GREAT time..hanging out with friends & family at what seems to be a pretty annual Tiff, Chad & Lily are in town BBQ! :) The fair, meeting my new friend/soulmate for coffee(shoutout to Meg!), shopping with Mamma Pope & Courtney, living room shopping with AnMamma & Lily etc!

They were playing her new favorite game "see that" "what's that" :)
Lilys party shoes-I love them  & they light up!!
She's learning how to smell-mostly with her mouth open, or in certain cases by licking the flower! lol
She loves Eli-can you tell? :)
The men getting trumped by
                        the cutest little boys EVER-Riley & Eli               
Shortly after this photo disaster struck-poor Riley my sweet Lily (& I promise she is sweet) bit the ever loving crap out of his face! :( Lesson learned : They can not play in the cage together! lol Poor thing should've kept her locked out! ha ha

Boppa (as Lily calls him) spoiling our already spoiled dog! :)

The Woltman boys came to visit! (Jeff & Amy too)
 Boys will be boys-I had to take two photos so that I could get both of them in there! lol 
           My fair diva!
That girl loves her some corn shew..

While her daddy enjoyed a KRISPY KREME burger-yes a doughnut burger!! His was actually pretty plain as some people loaded those things up with regular burger toppings (Mayonaise, tomato, onion etc...but hey it IS the FAIR! lol) I tried it...not for me that is for sure! I stuck to a corn dog (the fair always has the best corndogs!), ribbon fries, and a funnel cake..I'll need to detox for a week! :)

I also want to take the time to share this video with you in honor of Breast Cancer month-from one of my favorites Martina, this song is beautiful and until this disease is cured we must love one another through it!

1 comment:

  1. I love you beautiful!!! I think if I yell it from my house in Mt.Airy you may just hear me in good ol' Virginia! Thank you for lightening my heart and empowering me on days when, well lets face it, I pretty much can't do it alone! You are worth far more than rubies to me sweet lady.

    ReplyDelete