Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Photos and 15 things...

This weekend was glorious,Chad's sister came into town and we had so much fun! I promise to post all the pics tomorrow, since Chad has the other camera anyways..But today I did want to post some photos..photos I have been waiting so long for, Lily's first birthday session. We took the pictures back in May but because of our busy traveling schedule, and Fed Ex screwing up the photographers shipments we finally got them this weekend when Courtney came! YAY! Here are some of my favorites..courtesy of the lovely Mrs. Chezley Royster!

Yawny face! :)

I cannot even begin to describe how amazingly happy she makes me..my whole existence!



                                                                love, LOVE, love them
I know that I mentioned this before the day after we took the photos..although our intentions were to create a full on cake smash, Ms. Lily had other plans..why ruin a good cake was her motto! She was so dainty with it, that I actually had to rip part of the cake so she would play with it..lol


See what I mean? I have a gazillion photos just like this..I thought for sure we were going to need a hose afterwards but hey..gotta love a girl who eats! :) One last one..

Chad didn't really want to take photos that day, since the pictures were part first bday/part Mother's day gift but we snuck him in two times! :) I just love this one! :)

So today I read this article on MSN.com

Titled 15 things you should do before having kids, and not to brag(okay to brag) I have done just about everything on that list with the exception of two: flying first class and wine tasting at a vineyard, but I will one day..road trip(check) LOTS of em actually! lol Laying in bed all day watching movies(check)Chad and I used to that every Sunday, naked (truly surprised Lily didn't come sooner lol) we'd get Chili's, rent movies off the TV and just relax! Boozy lunches with girlfriends..um double check..Tijuana Flats/Cheesecake factory/Acropolis/Peabodys are just a few of our favorite spots! Skydiving(check) and would love to do it again! The list goes on but my favorite is this part "Appreciate the bathroom-alone, seriously revel in the aloneness" ha ha so true...I haven't been to the bathroom all by myself in I don't know how long especially since I am home with Lily all day!  Her little blue eyes just a'staring, handing me barbie sized pieces of toilet paper..As much as I miss going to the bathroom alone, I can honestly say after reading that list I realized just how blessed I am..how wonderful my life really is, and that in part is due to the people in it!! So for all of you that have been with me on my journey,supported me, and loved me I truly thank you! Although, there are still some things I would like to check off my own bucket list,  I know that I can and will get to those things..What is on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment