Thursday, August 25, 2011

Things I love Thursday! MOVIE edition!

I LOVE movies although even that might be an understatement! Between movies and music I am not sure which I love more but if I truly fall in love with a movie it is almost guaranteed that I will watch it over and over again, learn/quote every line and it will become a part of my life! Plus if I do say so myself ( and I do) I happen to be pretty impressive when it comes to movie trivia..So this Things I love Thursday is all about my favorite movies!

My top ten!

1. Dirty Dancing: Seriously, I watched this movie so many times in a row when I was little that my parents hid it on me in hopes that I might take a break! lol I now own four copies so that never happens again! :) My favorite scene(although who doesn't love it?!)
Oh and p.s I am super pissed that they are re-making this movie AGAIN!! Why can't Hollywood come up with new material?

2. Grease: I love everything about this movie and it certainly was another one I watched a ridiculous amount of times! Plus how hot was Olivia Newton John? You thought I was gonna say John Travolta didn't you?! ;)

3. Willow!!!! I can not say enough how totally awesome this movie is and how it deserves way more credit then it is given! It introduced me to my sweet Mad Martigan(Val Kilmer) who I might add was and still my only real crush! (MadMartigan, though Val is pretty cute too)! Plus I could have played that baby, because when I was little I looked just like that..all the way down to the red curly hair! (Got baby pictures to prove it!)

4. The Princess Bride: I realize this should be higher on my list maybe because it is just so fantastic!! I mean I could quote this movie for days there are just so many fabulous lines! Watching this movie never gets old, it cracks me up every time without fail and I believe everyone should have a love like Westley and Princess Buttercup! Oh and I pretty much quote this part of the movie to the point of annoyance! lol
5. The Sound of Music: Wow! Where do I begin on this one? Julie Andrews & her amazing voice, the music alone  is worth it being in anyones' top ten list! Or the historical part of the movie, the real family behind it, the time period! Captain Von Trapp and his hotness(wonderfully played by Christopher Plummer) or with the sheer beauty that is Salzburg, Austria?! I love it all and I cannot get enough of this movie and thanks to my amazing Mother in law and the AMAZING(can I say that again?) box set she got for my birthday I won't have too!

6. From Here to Eternity: First off..the beach scene between Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr HELLO!! can you say classic? The cast of this movie is superb Burt, Deborah, Montgomery Clift, Ernest Borgnine and Frank Sinatra to name a few..plus I love that the legend surrounding the movie is that Frank got the part based on his mafia connections alone!

7. BRAVEHEART: This movie stirs up so many emotions for me and maybe that is why I love it so much! From happiness, to sadness, to all out anger I just react to this film..the ending especially, gets me every time! Mel Gibson(pre-meltdown) did a fantastic job with this movie..the cast, the setting EVERYTHING..my love for this one runs deep! Which is why I cannot just pick one scene from it but this is a beautiful collage...

Ahh even the music gives me chills!

8. Pride and Prejudice: Although I can appreciate both the old and the new film(along with just loving Jane Austen in particular) it happens to be the film with Keira Knightley that I love the most! This is one case where a remake worked out and the entire movie is just beautiful, beautiful beautiful!!!

9. Singing in the Rain: Here is the thing I grew up watching and loving old movies and it was really hard for me to pick between this one and West Side Story BUT my love for Gene won out! :) This movie just makes me happy! Plus I am a firm believer in singing in the rain so..yeah I love this film despite the fact that some of the sequences make no sense at all! lol 

10. Tombstone: This movie just ROCKS plain and simple! Plus it stars some of my favorite people Kurt Russell, Sam Elliot and you guessed it Val(Doc! Swoon)! Full of great one liners which can be found in this video





I could go on and on but I figured the top ten would suffice! :) What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. hey babes I love your top ten picks ~ But... No Star Wars?!?!! lol It's so hard to choose but you did a great job, and seriously your last two post have been top notch!! I think you've really found your stride keep em coming lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty much my top ten too, minus the sound of music and insert Commando....maybe ET...and Tomboy. Ohhhh and Footloose..another that hollywood should have left well enough alone....oh I almost forgot Shag!

    Love you, as always!

    ReplyDelete