Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Jerks, the world is full of em!!

In the words of Taylor Swift "All you are is mean"

I watched the VMA's Sunday night, and at first wasn't going to post anything about it(mostly because I am semi-embarrassed I even watched it, considering that MTV isn't  a music channel anymore) but this morning I woke up and read an article where an artist was attacked via Twitter and the Internet because she was in their opinions "fat" or as one person put it " look at her fat ass in that dress". That artist is Demi Lovato and here is the picture they are referring too
 Personally, I think she looks great, HEALTHY!! & one of the best dressed females of the night especially if you take into account that one of the more popular females came as well..a male! lol What infuriates me most though is that this young woman just got out of rehab and not because she joined the ever growing ranks of celebs on drugs but because she had an eating disorder, because she loathed her appearance so much she began cutting herself, and let the world influence who she was. That this young woman, just so like so many of us struggled with her ability to separate what the world saw as perfect and the person inside of us who already is!! She gave up her hit TV show, her life for four months to get herself together and heal and the second she does people criticize her for it! Baffling to say the least, that a majority of the ones attacking her were women! The fact that so many women take pride in cutting each other down still amazes me! I am not perfect by any means, I know that I have made careless remarks regarding females in the past but I can truly say that I try VERY hard not to let my mouth get the best of me because I too have been on the opposite end of that equation! However, there have been times out of anger that I have lashed out and called someone who directly affected me fat or ugly..and in those cases I have always felt very ashamed because as I stated above I know what it is like to be called names, any name and it hurts!  I love women, I celebrate them, which is why I seem to have so many girl crushes! lol I wrote an entire blog about them because well..I am tired of people using the Internet to bash people they know, bash the people they don't..it is sick and disturbing and makes me really sad!  We should spend more time focusing on the good, more time focusing on the fact that healthy is beautiful and that you don't have to be a stick figure with giant boobs in order to be attractive!  I also have a daughter, a beautiful daughter who will grow up one day and face these types of critics..and she will know how beautiful she is whether she is 100 pounds or a 1,000 but if she doesn't, if she doubts..ever wonders...you can believe that I will do anything it takes to make her see that beauty isn't what you see on the outside but within..She will know that she can be anything, do anything and that she is strong, worthy, and fully loved!She will be taught that making fun of someone for any reason is unacceptable and she will be taught kindness..I wish the people calling Demi Lovato fat, or any person for that matter had parents who simply taught them that....



I love this video from her..to be honest before it came out she was someone I had simply read about in magazines as I'm no longer considered a "teeny-bopper" and could care less what Jonas brother she is dating...HOWEVER, I admire her bravery, her vulnerability which can all be found in this song..plus it sends a pretty good message to the haters! :)



1 Thessalonians 5:11:

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

I would much rather spend the rest of my days building someone up, rather than tearing them down...because in the end it isn't worth it, and you only hurt yourself with the negativity! The truth we are as we should be, there is NO perfect person, weight, gender, sex etc remember that next time you open your mouth to criticize somebody..you could be the person who brightens their day, or in some cases saves their life!

1 comment: